The PR & Marketing Assistant’s primary responsibility is to assist with day-to-day museum PR (social media, press releases, campus emails, etc.) and larger marketing projects.
· Work with professional staff to create and implement strategic communication plans (including social media and press releases).
· Communicate with Berry’s Marketing & PR Office to develop and distribute press releases.
· Assist with content creation and posting schedules for the museum’s social media presence.
· Address messages on social media platform, reaching out to staff as needed for answers or directing guests to the appropriate person or information.
· Assist with graphic design as needed for various marketing projects.
· Assist in the distribution of printed marketing materials.
· Manage and maintain archive of press materials and press received.
• Give tours and manage the front desk as needed.
• Assist with museum housekeeping as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills: Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word), proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Canva, familiarity with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube), and communication/customer service skills.
Required Skills: have research and writing skills, computer proficiency, attention to detail, ability to work alone or as part of a group
Additionally, this student must be able to do the following when needed: use a register, have good time management and know the history of Martha Berry and Berry College to give tours.
As the museum is off-site, transportation is the responsibility of the student.