**In Spring 2021, our office needs support over the lunch hours on Mon/Wed/Fri, preferably around 11:00am – 3:00pm. Please apply if some of those hours could fit in your schedule.
The following are the essential duties for a student in this position:
1. Answer email and phones, take messages and schedule appointments as a back-up for the office manager.
2. Accomplishes small-scale projects independently and assists with large-scale projects.
3. Assist with general office duties such as typing, filing, copying, and database entry performing specialized tasks requiring specialized skills.
4. Become familiar with career-related resources such as Handshake and internet resources and take on projects with these resources for the CPPD's staff research.
5. Assist and direct students to appropriate career resources using initiative to know ahead of time the tests and resources that the staff will be requiring of the appointee.
6. Work with staff in updating, maintaining, and organizing career-related resources, including Graduate School resources for their workshops and presentations.
7. Able to maintain confidentiality of interaction and information in the Career Development office.
8. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
The following are possible additional duties for this position.
1. Keep bulletin boards updated and wall calendar updated.
2. Help make phone calls for alumni surveys in the fall.
3. Assist in the operation of various workshops and job fairs throughout the year.
4. Compile workshop evaluations and survey data statistically.
5. Train new office assistants.