The Office of First-Year Experience is looking for a responsible, self-motivated individual to organize First-Year Service Day. The person in this position will work closely with the FYE Director and Office Manager to set up 35 service projects for the incoming class.
This position will start late in the spring semester for 5 hours per week, and continue during the summer for 10-15 hours per week.
Reaching out to community partners to ascertain interest
· Regular communication with community partners to create appropriate and worthwhile projects
Maintain records of contacts and responses
· Assist the Director in assigning projects to classes
· Prepare information sheet for each first-year mentor
· Design First-Year Service Day T-Shirt
· Help coordinate tools and equipment for FYSD as needed
· Serve as main contact for instructors, mentors and community partners
Follow-up communication after FYSD to express thanks/gratitude for each partner's participation