Employee is responsible for opening new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, cross selling bank products and services, and providing quality customer service to further customer relations.
Employee serves as the first point of contact to the customer providing prompt, efficient and accurate customer service functions. Conducts daily credit and debit transactions in compliance with established policies and procedures. Identifies opportunities for cross-selling products and referring customers to other areas of the bank.
Reports To: Branch Coordinator
- Meet and greet lobby customers as they enter the building and provide direction for the services they require.
- Assist in answering the telephone and transferring calls to the appropriate personnel.
- Answer customer inquiries in person or by phone; quote products and rates, etc.
Paying and Receiving Services
- Cash checks and process other types of account withdrawals, accept deposits, verifying cash and endorsements, and issue receipts
- Process credit card payments and advances, and night deposit bags
- Redeem U.S. Savings Bonds.
- Issue bank checks.
- Accept loan payments and safe deposit box rental payments.
- Research and verify account information, provide account balances and resolve problems for customers as necessary.
- Provide safe deposit box services
- Operate Branch Capture as required
New Relationship Services
- Open and process new accounts, including DDA, savings and certificates of deposit.
- Cross-sell the bank’s services and products.
- Refer customers to appropriate personnel for services such as mortgages and other loans.
- Balance transactions at end of day and verify cash totals
- Balance ATM
- Maintain a reasonable knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering policies and regulatory requirements that are specific to the job and department.