The environmental Health and Safety Co-op Student is responsible for assisting the TNA Environmental, Health and Safety (ESH) Department with promoting and maintaining safe working programs and practices and identifying, recommending, and implementing measures that reduce industrial health and accident hazards. This includes carrying out assigned tasks that maintain compliance with safety and environmental regulatory statutes and permit obligations of the company.
- Work with the ESH Department; plant management personnel; and other support entities to ensure the effective application of established safety practices, utilization of safety equipment and devices to investigate and eliminate hazardous conditions and unsafe practices.
- Participate in the development an implementation of department specific safety goals and procedures in accordance with regulatory.
- Actively participate in employee safety committee meetings, inspections, and activities to promote and increase employee engagement in TNA's safety program
- Participate in accident investigation techniques through the review of first aid, employee, and supervisor accident investigations and reports. Review shall include follow-up activities with production managers/supervisors to ensure reports are properly completed and that potential corrective measures are thoroughly reviews and implemented when/where.
- Organize, update, and standardize the SDS/MSDS program in accordance with OSHA standards.
- Perform environmental inspections as assigned; Assist with ISO 14001-2015 procedures; edit/update chemical data base in compliance with TSCA,SARA